06 February 2011

{ update: orva }

- 2 1/2 and getting cuter all the time

- Loves all things Toy Story - has a complete obsession with Woody, Jessie, Buzz, Other-One-Buzz (referring to the imposter Buzz in Toy Story 2), and Bullseye. They get prayed for daily.

- Loves Mary Poppins - we sing lots of songs about "Meery Poppims", "Burp", and "the babies" (Michael and Jane)

- Loves coloring - I print off pictures for her using various clip-art and she keeps a drawer full of all "mine pictures". I used to have to draw pictures for her, but it was getting difficult to draw all of her requests (Mary Poppins! Buzz! Horse! Owl! Again! More! A baby one!). She especially loves watching her pictures come out of the printer - "Here it comes! Off we go!"

- Talks nonstop. Really. No idea where she gets it from.

- Some of my favorite things she says - "mmm...delicious!", "that will be fun", "hmm...I can't find it", "no thanks, mommy", "I'll be right back" (I realize that none of these sayings seem particularly cute, but when she says them in her little tiny voice they're all pretty fabulous)

- Sings all the time...her favorites are "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home", "I Am a Child of God", "ABC". She knows all the words to them and although she doesn't always sing them in tune, she does have a very special singing voice she uses.

- Loves Ford, but he also torments her. He chases after her in his army crawl and she runs away screaming. The other day I heard her yelling and found her in the corner of my closet with Ford right there at her feet. She was saying, "No baby guy! Don't hurt me, baby guy! Don't hurt me!"

- In our new house we hear planes from the air force base fly overhead all the time. I've had to explain to her that they're nice airplanes, they won't get her, they're too far away, they're up in the sky, she can't hold them, etc. We have the same conversation every time she hears one (several times a day).

- Loves animals and always tells me what they say. Her pigs say a funny, throaty "honk" instead of "oink". Her butterflies say "Oui, Oui, Oui" (thank you, Fancy Nancy). Her donkeys say "Yee-haw!"

- Loves her jammies. We gave her some on Christmas Eve and since then that's all she wants to wear. Really - we wear jammies to the library, the store, everywhere but church. We've had to buy more so that I can keep up with the laundry. When we bought the new ones,she carried them around the store and told everyone they were her new jammies, but she couldn't wear them yet - "not until we get home!" When we had to give them to the checker, she laid down on the floor and sobbed. If I'm not careful, she'll pull them out of the dirty laundry (either her's or Ford's) and put them on. When I have to wash them, she says to herself, "You're okay. They be clean in a minute." (Side-note: when we go out, I put a clip in her hair and put shoes on and everything, hoping that people will know I do take care of her and keep her clean and clothed...she just prefers jammies and I'm not willing to fight her on it. But now I wonder if that's worse - if now people think I actually think her jammies are outfits. Oh well.)

- Loves her babies, and loves to put them in their little chairs. They don't stay on by themselves so I finally used rubberbands to secure them - hence the "hostage" situation (see picture below)

- If Ford is crying, she says, "Shh, shh, shhhh...you're okay. Mommy be right back."

- Loves to build towers...out of anything! Dishes/cups/pans, blocks, duplos, shoes, etc.

- Fractured her collarbone (fell off a chair in our kitchen...not a big fall, just landed wrong) about a month ago. We spent a lot of time laying low and watching movies, but she (thankfully) was a really good sport and healed pretty fast. She did not like her "big band-aid" and kept asking me, "where are mine other-one ningers (fingers)?" Even though she's better, she still likes to tell people about it. "I hurt mine shoulder. Don't like it coctors (doctors). Don't want to lay on table. Don't want it picture of mine arms. We be almost done." Needless to say, the doctors experience was pretty traumatic.

- Loves her daddy - spends her days saying, "Where's daddy? He come right back?"

And now (if you made it this far...), some pictures:











6 comments:

Diane said...

I can't believe how grown up she is. I love the pictures. I feel like we haven't seen you in a long time!

Marian said...

i love her! everything you wrote about her made me laugh. i wish we lived closer so i could actually see her.

Rebekah said...

yay, i love it when you blog! very cute kids. wish we lived close.

Catherine said...

I'm totally laughing out loud right now! You KNOW I'm a big fan of my Orva girl. She's so stinkin cute, how can you not be?

They're right, you're sweet sisters need to live closer to you! ;) I feel lucky because we do close enough to see you often and watch Orva singing and talking about Buzz, Woody, and other one Buzz. (She was doing it at Addie's party) So funny!

Joanne said...

I had no idea she loved Toy Story - everyone is right, because we do need to live closer so we can just see these cute things in person. And I want to hear her say her animal sounds. I do think everything she says in her tiny voice makes it cute. I love how she loves her jammies so much. And her hair looks really cute in the ponytail picture - she looked grown-up all of a sudden.

whitney said...

yay! for a Tine update! I strongly believe every statement, no matter how common, is much much cuter in a little kid voice. Orva is at such a fun age! I just love it!