31 October 2010

{ halloween cuteness }

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween, but I do really enjoy making my kids' costumes. This year we went for a sock monkey (made entirely out of actual socks) and a kitty cat (with a ruffly cape because I didn't want to join the tutu craze).






Much to my dismay, Orva wasn't thrilled with her costume. She loved it when I painted her face, but within five minutes of having her costume on she started taking it off piece by piece. I tried to be a good mom and not care, but it was very hard (I spent a lot of time on it, darn it). Luckily one of my little cousins fell in love with it and wore it around at our family party. I was secretly hoping the jealousy would kick in and seeing it on someone else would make Orva want it back, but no - she was completely uninterested. Oh well - at least someone enjoyed it!







And because it may never happen again, here's a picture of Brad and I dressed up (as Tony Stark and Pepper Pots). We got invited to a costume party and so we were forced into the Halloween spirit. Since the party was at my old boss's house, we thought it would be fitting if I went as some sort of "assistant".



* Note the Arc Reactor under Brad's shirt...it's hard to see in this picture.

** We got so many compliments on our hair that I might just dye my hair red and Brad might go black. What do you think?

8 comments:

Laurel said...

Okay, I'm totally digging the whole Tony Stark / Pepper Potts getups you've got going on here. And the arc reactor? Pure genius!

I love your kids' costumes, too! How cute to make a ruffly cape in lieu of a tutu! Well done, Christine.

Diane said...

You win first prize for costumes! You and the kids.

Laura said...

wow! a success all the way around, i'd say! seriously, my kids are all going to come to your house permanently if you don't stop being so amazing. i LOVE yours and brad's costumes. we just watched that movie last week and you guys look pretty much like the real thing.

Eliza said...

Love the costumes. I just showed Shayne and I think she wishes you were her mom cuz she knows I'll never pull that off.

whitney said...

Don't you HATE it when the kids reject the costume! it's the worst!

Aside from that, your costumes (all 4 of them) have got to be the best ever! I love them! You and brad (Brad especially) look so different w/the hair. It's craziness!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

I am so in love with the sock money costume...or PJs? where in the world did you find it? i need to get one!

Joanne said...

Okay, I can't believe you've had a new post up for so long and I totally missed it!

I am absolutely speechless over those costumes!! You could make millions of dollars just making those costumes for people, I bet. The sock monkey is to die for! I love sock monkeys, and Ford's outfit looks exactly real! My favorite is the shot of his little monkey bum. And I can't believe the pacifier mouth. You are too amazing.

Orva's is also unreal! I am sad she didn't give it the appreciation it deserved - you were a bette sport than I would have been. Wow, wow, wow. (I guess I wasn't speechless - sorry this turned out kind of long)

You and Brad also looked awesome - I'm glad you went with the Ironman idea - you totally pulled it off!

Jessie Eyre said...

Well Hi there stranger! I don't know how I lost track of your blog address but here you are and here I am!!! Sure miss you guys! Your kids are so stinkin' cute! Big hugs from old friends at Cambria!