19 May 2010

{ aj and lindy's wedding }

Although I don't recommend going to a wedding two days after giving birth, it was actually really fun to be there and see everyone.

Brad had to work right up until the reception, so my sister Laura stayed with me at our house and helped me gather everything and get myself and my two children out the door. She was barely pregnant and recovering from a very long and very late flight. Between the two of us we made quite a pair but managed to get ourselves showered and dressed and both kids bathed and dressed. We also packed up two suitcases full of my clothes and shoes for some of my other sisters to wear. We made it to my mom's house in time for family pictures and the reception. I'm sure I never would have made it without her (thanks, Laura).

The sealing was the next day and it was actually really nice for Brad and I to sit in the sealing room and think of our own little growing family. Thankfully, the temple staff allowed my cousin to watch Ford in a room all by themselves (I didn't want him in the main waiting room with all the other kids). They let me wait with him until the last minute and then came and got me to go up to the sealing room. It worked out really well.

Enough rambling...here are some pictures, in no particular order:



















* I'm one who usually enjoys getting dressed up - this was one time that I had absolutely no desire to do so and wasted NO time changing back into pajamas *

5 comments:

Laura said...

good thing you still look cute, even in your pj's! how's the baby? is it fun to have a boy baby?

Diane said...

Great pictures! You look fab - not like you had a baby two days before.

The closest I ever called it was with Beth, who was born 12 days before Ann & Charles were married. We flew down from Seattle when she was 10 days old. It was a nightmare - I'll share it with you sometime.

Joanne said...

Great pictures! I still can't believe how good you look at the wedding and all that, when you probably should have still been in the hospital. Crazy.

whitney said...

You look FABULOUS for just having had a baby! Seriously, so great! What a brave cookie you are to go to a wedding 2 days post-partum.

Catherine said...

That royal blue shirt looks stunning with your eyes! How come I have never seen you wear it?