03 December 2008

{ all diapers are not created equal }

We ran out of diapers right before we came home from New York so we went to a little market down the street to buy more. I didn't want to buy very many because I didn't want to pack them home, but all they had was a huge pack of generic diapers for sizes 6 lbs. to 14 lbs. They ended up being the most awful diapers - thin, stiff, rough, scratchy, not at all absorbant, leaky, poorly sized - not exactly good qualities in something made to wrap around the soft squishiness of a baby's bottom and HOLD liquids there. Despite their poor performance, they did provide some good entertainment. They looked pretty funny on our poor tiny bub.



I saved enough to get us home and threw the rest away.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Imagine in the olden days when you were a baby - cloth diapers, and plastic pants. No one could get a cloth diaper to be a better fit on a baby than Ray, if you can believe it. Looking at that picture, I think I would prefer cloth diapers to the NY version of a disposable!

Stan and Jamie said...

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a diaper that yucky! Poor little girl! It's so true though...I've decided I like the costco diapers and I don't like to use anything else!

Eliza said...

yikes! that's a pretty sad diaper. i'm kind of a diaper snob myself.

Joanne said...

Haha! I'm so glad you got a picture.

Melanie said...

I'm so glad we can keep in touch again! It looks like you had an amazing time in NY, and Orva is such a doll- she's getting so big!