06 December 2011

{ housley johnson gibb }

Housley Johnson Gibb was born on Sunday, December 4th at 9:15 a.m. He weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz. (bigger than my other two) and was 19 inches long. Labor and delivery went very smoothly and we're all recovering quite nicely.

Here are some pictures of the cute little guy:












* I've been home from the hospital for less than 12 hours and I can already say having three kids is wild.

** Someday soon I'll post more details about the labor and delivery and everything...

*** When I made Ford's sheep costume for Halloween (see post below), I had just enough leftover sweater to make an extra little hat and pants for this new baby. I decided to go ahead and make a matching shirt to complete the outfit. I was so excited to put it on him when we came home from the hospital and see it actually fit! One fun detail - the buttons on the shirt and hat are from the button collection of my great grandma Orva Housley...where he gets his name.

19 comments:

Lucy said...

He is beautiful! His outfit is gorgeous--I can't imagine making something so gorgeous. I love his name and that his buttons are from Grandma Orva. What a sweet little boy!

Eliza said...

He is so darling and the outfit is to die for! I've been wanting to call you but don't want to interrupt sleep and all- maybe tomorrow? Love the name!

Jeff McMullin said...

Congratulations! He sure is a cute little guy.

Marian said...

oh tine, he is so beautiful! and that outfit!! wow. you done good.

Rebekah said...

Beautiful! Both the boy and the outfit! Mike and I were talking the other day about how close your kids are in age, and we realized the span between Orva and Housley is almost exactly (within a couple weeks) the same as Mariah and Sally. Wild is right!

Diane said...

A beautiful baby boy with a beautiful family. I'm so happy for you.

The Thompsons said...

So sweet! Glad you and the baby are doing well. Congrats!

Kim Bullock said...

He is sooo cute!!! And the outfit really is adorable I was just going to leave a comment asking where you bought it! :)

momJulee said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Catherine said...

3 is crazy, but so fun (as long as I don't attempt many errands besides Costco). j/k I'm so tickled he's here and healthy and handsome. Congrats Christine!

Parley and Katie Call said...

Congrats!!! He is perfect. I love that outfit, how awesome that you made it!

Stan and Jamie said...

Congrats guys, he is such a beautiful baby!! I love the outfit too, very impressive sewing skills :)

Laura said...

he's perfect! and you are amazing, of course. you will have those three wild kids whipped into shape in no time at all!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! He's very handsome!

whitney said...

Congrats a thousand times over! LOVE the little outfit and the lovely name. He's just so darn beautiful!

I swear, Miss, you've got to post more often. Every time I blink you're having another baby ;)

Laurel said...

Yikes! I didn't even know you were expecting another! He is beautiful!!! And I am very, very impressed with his little outfit. Love it -- and I hope you are ALL doing well!

elnaclark said...

He is so darling. Love the name. Love his outfit - just another little lamb for Orva to shepherd around. Adorable!

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Congratulations to your family on a beautiful addition. We hope you enjoy a wonderful Christmas season!

Joanne said...

I came back here to look at pictures of him again, and realized I never commented the first time. He is so cute, and that little outfit is the best thing ever. Wow,wow,wow. I just love it. You are so amazing! That's so neat about the buttons.

Hope all is going well with 3. I'm sure you will handle it like the pro you are.