21 December 2008

{ halloween }

I figured I better post about Halloween before we hit Christmas...

We moved the morning after Halloween so I was packing that whole week. I kept trying to think of something for Orva to dress up in for her first Halloween and couldn't come up with anything. I didn't see anything I liked in stores (picky me) so thought maybe I would make something. I ended up with no time...but did manage to pull something together.

Halloween timeline:

3:30 p.m. Pull into the Wal-mart parking lot
3:50 p.m. Leave Wal-mart parking lot with fabric in hand
4:05 p.m. Arrive at my mom's house to begin sewing the costume
5:00 p.m. My mom leaves for a family Halloween party with half of the costume and works on it on the drive to the party
5:40 p.m. I leave for the family party with the rest of the costume
6:25 p.m. Arrive at family party and combine two costume parts - finished!

Please don't look too closely - the costume lasted the night and was cute enough for me! Also, she's SUPPOSED to be a fish. I don't mind if you think she looks like a mermaid, but please don't tell me she looks like a dragon or a butterfly (apparently the hat doesn't look at all fish-like).









Brad and I went so far as to wear Halloween-ish colors, but no more dressing up for us! Why would we now that we have a child to dress up?



The baby fish with her grandma hula girl.



Talking with her grandpa cowboy. He claims she demanded to hold his "piece".

3 comments:

Marian said...

okay, that's about the cutest costume i have ever seen. and i think she looks just like a fish. and i love the hat. wow.

Catherine said...

She definitely resembles a fish. I love the bright colors! I am just so impressed you could whip up a costume in less than two hours. Way to go!

Eliza said...

that is so cute. you shouldn't have broadcast that you can make things like that. now orva (and maybe other people) will demand a homemade costume every year.